Travel to Moldova
Holiday Ayo - Moldova is a small country in Eastern Europe, known for its beautiful countryside, historic architecture, and delicious wine. If you're planning to travel to Moldova, here are some tips to help you make the most of your trip:
Citizens of most countries, including the US and the EU, do not need a visa to enter Moldova for stays up to 90 days. However, you should check the latest entry requirements before you travel.
The official language of Moldova is Romanian, but Russian is also widely spoken. English is not as widely spoken, especially outside of tourist areas, so it's a good idea to learn some basic phrases in Romanian or Russian.
The official currency of Moldova is the Moldovan leu (MDL). ATMs are widely available in major cities, but it's a good idea to carry some cash with you, especially if you plan to visit rural areas.
The best way to get around Moldova is by bus or minibus. Taxis are also available but can be more expensive. If you're planning to visit rural areas, a car rental may be more convenient.
Source : www.safarway.com
Moldova is generally a safe country to travel to, but it's always a good idea to take common-sense precautions like not flashing valuables and being aware of your surroundings, especially at night.
Popular Spot in Moldova
Moldova may be a small country, but it offers a variety of interesting and beautiful places to visit. Here are some of the most popular spots in Moldova:
1. Orheiul Vechi - This is an archaeological and cultural complex located on the Raut River. It contains a series of natural and artificial caves, an ancient fortress, and a monastery complex. It is a unique and fascinating destination that showcases the country's history and cultural heritage.
2. Cricova Winery - Moldova is known for its wine, and Cricova Winery is one of the largest and most famous wineries in the country. The underground wine cellar stretches for over 120 kilometers and houses an impressive collection of wine.
Source : www.atlasobscura.com
3. Mileștii Mici Winery - Another famous winery in Moldova, Mileștii Mici is known for its impressive wine cellar, which holds the Guinness World Record for the largest wine collection in the world.
4. Chișinău - The capital city of Moldova, Chișinău, is a vibrant and bustling city with many cultural attractions, museums, and parks. The city is known for its beautiful architecture, including the Triumphal Arch, the National Opera and Ballet Theatre, and the Cathedral of Christ's Nativity.
5. Soroca Fortress - This medieval fortress is located in the town of Soroca and is one of the most important cultural landmarks in Moldova. It was built in the 15th century and played an important role in the country's history.
Overall, Moldova is a beautiful and welcoming country that is worth a visit for its rich culture, history, and natural beauty.
Leave a comment